You are currently viewing the Phoenix Physical Therapist Assistant page.
Here are just a few classes you will take during the Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree program:
- Patient Care Skills
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Neurologic Rehabilitation
Classes: Start at 8:00 am and end at 4:00 pm.
Breaks are scheduled after 50 minutes of instruction and last for 10 minutes.
Current students at our Phoenix campus enjoy convenient access to our cafe, which offers a full menu of breakfast and lunch options 5 days a week.
What Classes Will I Take?
Here are just a few of the classes you will take during the Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree program:
73 CREDITS – 1,645 CONTACT HOURS – 75 WEEKS
The program’s objective is to educate students in the most current concepts and practices in the physical therapy field; to train future PTAs to have the knowledge and abilities to perform their role within the PT profession and under the direction and supervision of a Physical Therapist; to graduate individuals who are safe, effective, ethical and productive members of the healthcare team; and to train future PTAs to be caring, considerate and compassionate individuals who respect the rights and dignity of the multicultural community.
Brookline College prepares students in the Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant program to take certification and/or licensure exams related to their program of study.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the Associate of Science in Physical Therapist Assistant program, graduates will:
- Demonstrate the intellectual, clinical and professional skills and behaviors of an entry-level physical therapist assistant to provide current physical therapy services under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
- Demonstrate the clinical decision making and responsibility to be safe, ethical, effective and competent members of a health care team.
- Demonstrate behaviors that act in accordance with appropriate facility, state and federal statutes, and with the professional and ethical standards established by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Demonstrate behaviors that prioritize patient care and hold the patient’s rights, privacy, and dignity in the highest regard, with an understanding of the needs of a multicultural society.
- Achieve an effective transition from the education program to successfully passing the NPTE to a career as a physical therapist assistant.
Residential Program Requirements:
|Program Concentration – 58 Credits – 1195 Contact Hours||Credit Hrs||Lecture Hrs||Lab Hrs||Practicum|
|AP 101 Anatomy & Physiology||6||75||30||0|
|PTA 100 Introduction to PTA and Ethics||3||45||0||0|
|PTA 103 Documentation & Medical Terminology||3||45||0||0|
|PTA 104 Kinesiology I||3||30||30||0|
|PTA 105 Kinesiology II||3||30||30||0|
|PTA 106 Patient Care Skills||3||30||30||0|
|PTA 107 Therapeutic Exercise||3||30||30||0|
|PTA 200 Pathology of Systems I||3||45||0||0|
|PTA 201 Pathology of Systems II||3||45||0||0|
|PTA 202 Neurologic Rehabilitation||3||30||30||0|
|PTA 203 Orthopedic Rehabilitation||3||30||30||0|
|PTA 204 Rehabilitation Across the Lifespan||3||45||0||0|
|PTA 205 Physical Agent Modalities||3||30||30||0|
|PTA 210 Physical Therapy Professional Issues||2||30||0||0|
|PTA 301 Clinical Experience I||2||0||0||80|
|PTA 302 Clinical Practice II||6||0||0||280|
|PTA 303 Clinical Practice III||6||0||0||280|
|General Education – 15 Credits – 225 Contact Hours||Credit Hours||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Practicum/Clinical|
|BI 165 Introduction to Biology||3||45||0||0|
|EN 144 English Composition||3||45||0||0|
|MH 140 College Mathematics||3||45||0||0|
|PS 135 Introduction to Psychology||3||45||0||0|
|PO 136 Introduction to Political Science||3||45||0||0|
Your education is a big investment and Brookline College believes no investment offers more potential. A new career can transform your life, and we’re here to help you make that happen.
- At Brookline College there are no hidden costs. Our tuition includes books, supplies and all fees.
- Tuition: Please call or click Request Info to determine your cost.
- Program length: 75 weeks.
Paying For School
- More than 88% of Brookline College students use some form of financial aid (3) to help cover the cost of their education (4). That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
- We have also provided The Net Price Calculator that will provide preliminary, non-binding estimates of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility based on federal methodology.
(3) Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
(4) Percentage calculated by Brookline College for the 2015-16 school year.
We want to be sure your career goals are in line with your selected program of study. Our admission process will help you understand our programs and the career expectations in the field.
- Visit the campus. See what Brookline and the Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Science program is all about.
- Complete a Visitor Information Form and the requirements outlined in the PTA Applications Requirements.
- Complete a financial aid interview to develop a financial plan.
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement with an Admissions Representative to include collecting all necessary documentation.
- Meet with the Director of Education, or an appropriate Department Director to discuss any unusual enrollment circumstances or accommodations needed to successfully complete the program.
Once all requirements have been completed, the Director of Admissions, Director of Education, and Campus Director reviews the application for approval. Applicants are notified of their acceptance promptly.
Accreditation is the recognition that an institution maintains the standards required to achieve the credentials for professional practice. It is the status granted to an institution that meets or exceeds specific criteria of educational quality as defined by the accrediting agency.
- Institutional Accreditation: Brookline College’s Phoenix, Tucson, Tempe, and Albuquerque campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. On December 12, 2016, the Secretary of the Department of Education upheld a decision to end recognition of ACICS as a recognized accreditor. Institutions accredited by ACICS will have until June 12, 2018 to obtain accreditation from a recognized accreditor.
- Programmatic Accreditation: Programmatic accreditation, also known as specialized or professional accreditation, is designed for specialized departments, programs, schools, or colleges within a university or institution that has already received accreditation.
The Associate of Science – Physical Therapist Assistant Degree at Brookline College – Phoenix Campus is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
1111 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314