Physical Therapist Assistant Associate of Science Degree
This program is offered in Phoenix, AZ.
Welcome to the Brookline College Associate of Science Degree – Physical Therapist Assistant program (PTA). At Brookline, we understand that a solid foundation in medical practices can be the difference between a job and your career. Additionally, we recognize the importance of an education in general studies. We are one of the few physical therapy assistant colleges in Phoenix that offer an Associate degree and have developed our program to incorporate both the basics of general education with the critical elements of an Associate of Science degree – Physical Therapist Assistant.
Call us today or fill out the form to the left to get more information!
What will you learn at Brookline?
Our physical therapy assistant training program is designed to provide students with a strong education in patient treatment concepts, theory and applications. For detailed program information, click here. Students receive hands-on, example-based principles from community leaders in the medical field. Students will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as kinesiology, therapeutic exercise, patient care, anatomy and physiology, neurologic/orthopedic rehabilitation, and more. Click here to view our catalog.
Upon graduation, you will have the foundation to contribute to your employer in the areas of:
- Patient Care Skills
- Therapeutic Exercise
- The Pathology of Systems
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Neurologic Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Physical Agent Modalities and,
- The Integrated Clinical Experience
Starting your Career!
Upon completion of your externship, you will be prepared to enter the workplace with your new physical therapist degree! As a graduate of the physical therapy training program at Brookline College you will be prepared to function in entry-level positions in various physical therapy settings such as hospitals, physical therapists offices, doctors’ offices, or sports and physical fitness organizations.
Physical Therapist Assistant is one of the fastest growing occupations in the country. As the need to treat injury and guide the recovery process becomes more and more important, the need for qualified and caring Physical Therapist Assistants is crucial. The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts occupational growth between 2010 and 2020 at 45%! This means that the industry should be adding over 50,000 new jobs in the coming years!*
Additionally, our dedicated career services department – and our network in the local community – will ensure that you receive every available opportunity to interview for and attain the right job to move your career forward.
If you are searching for physical therapy assistant schools in Phoenix, fill out the form on this page for more information.
In accordance with mission of Brookline College, the mission of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program is to academically and professionally prepare students to attain entry-level skills for the practice of a physical therapist assistant, under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist. The mission of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program is to prepare students to practice as physical therapist assistants in a multicultural society in our local community and throughout the nation.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program faculty is committed to prepare students to become as proficient in preserving each patient’s dignity as in providing the technical skills of a physical therapist assistant. The Program maintains the same high expectations of students professionally and ethically as the physical therapist assistant industry expects of its professionals. The Physical Therapist Assistant Program emphasizes the responsibility of the student for his/her own academic and professional success, with supportive faculty and staff to assist the student through the learning process. Physical Therapist Assistant Program faculty strive to provide a learning experience that incorporates current physical therapy assisting practice with instructional approaches that support a diverse student population with a variety of learning styles. The Physical Therapist Assistant Program’s educational objectives provide an atmosphere that combines didactic instruction in the theories and technical aspects of the physical therapist assistant profession with appropriate clinical education experience.
In agreement with the mission of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Brookline College, the goals of the program are to prepare graduates who:
- Demonstrate the intellectual, clinical and professional skills and behaviors of an entry-level physical therapist assistant to provide current physical therapy assistant services under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
- Demonstrate the clinical decision making and responsibility to be safe, ethical, effective and competent members of a health care team.
- Demonstrate behaviors that act in accordance with appropriate facility, state and federal statutes, and with the professional and ethical standards established by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Demonstrate behaviors that prioritize patient care and hold the patient’s rights, privacy, and dignity in the highest regard, with an understanding of the needs of a multicultural society.
- Achieve an effective transition from the education program to a career as a physical therapist assistant.
In addition to the above goals, the program/faculty will:
- Ensure that program of study is consistent with the physical therapist assistant industry standards in providing theoretical, didactic, laboratory instruction and clinical experiences.
- Continuously review curriculum with input from clinical instructors, students, advisory board and employers to continue to provide a current and relevant program of study.
- Remain current with the profession of physical therapist assistant through clinical practice, review of literature, continuing education, involvement with professional organizations, and input from advisory board members.
- Provide quality sites for clinical education such that students experience a variety of clinical setting to apply skills of treatment and clinical decision making attained in the classroom/lab and attain competence as an entry-level physical therapist assistant.
Brookline College Phoenix Campus
2445 W. Dunlap Avenue, Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85021-5820
Phone: (602) 242-6265
Toll Free: 1-800-793-2428
The Associate of Science – Physical Therapist Assistant Degree at Brookline College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
1111 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
website: http://www.capteonline.org. The program’s current status is probationary accreditation; for more information Click Here
PTA Program Outcomes
Associate of Science – Physical Therapist Assistant Disclosure
Associate of Science – Physical Therapist Assistant Program Integrity Reporting