Patient Care Technician Diploma
Now shorter! We’ve merged two classes to reduce credits, contact hours, and time to completion. Finish your diploma in as few as 8 and a half months!
- Learn how to draw blood, remove sutures and staples, manage wound care, administer ECGs, properly move and transport patients and gain emergency room skills (splints, immobilizations, nasogastric tube removal).
- Hands-on learning during lab classes lets you practice your skills so you’ll be ready for your career when you graduate.
- Credits earned from your Patient Care Technician (PCT) program can be transferred into other degree programs offered at Brookline College.
- Complete your program in as little as 34 weeks.
- Patient Care Technicians entering the workforce are classified for employment purposes as Nursing Assistants.
- 930 new Nursing Assistant jobs will be added in New Mexico annually from 2016-2026.(1)
- 10% growth in New Mexico from 2016-2026 which is faster than the national average for all occupations.(1)
- The program provides training for entry level positions to effectively function in the role of a patient care technician.
- Clinics, hospitals, urgent care facilities.
- Rehabilitation facilities and home health care agencies.
Other healthcare environments.
What classes will I take?
Here are just a few classes you will take during the Patient Care Technician program:
- Phlebotomy, Electrocardiography, and Respiratory Therapy Skills
- Concepts in Healthcare
- Physical and Occupational Therapy Skills
What are typical class hours?
Your education is a big investment and Brookline College believes no investment offers more potential. A new career can transform your life, and we’re here to help you make that happen.
- At Brookline College there are no hidden costs. Our tuition includes books, supplies and all fees.
- Tuition: Please call or click Request Info to determine your cost.
- Program length: 34 weeks.
- More than 88% of Brookline College students use some form of financial aid(2) to help cover the cost of their education(3). That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
- We have also provided The Net Price Calculator that will provide preliminary, non-binding estimates of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility based on federal methodology.
(2) Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
(3) Percentage calculated by Brookline College for the 2015-16 school year.
We want to be sure your career goals are in line with your selected program of study. Our admission process will help you understand our programs and the career expectations in the field.
Five Simple Steps:
- Visit the campus. See what Brookline and the Patient Care Technician program is all about.
- Complete a Visitor Information Form.
- Complete a financial aid interview to develop a financial plan.
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement with an Admissions Representative to include collecting all necessary documentation.
- Meet with the Director of Education, or an appropriate Department Director to discuss any unusual enrollment circumstances or accommodations needed to successfully complete the program.
Once all requirements have been completed, the Director of Admissions, Director of Education, and Campus Director reviews the application for approval. Applicants are notified of their acceptance promptly.
Accreditation is the recognition that an institution maintains the standards required to achieve the credentials for professional practice. It is the status granted to an institution that meets or exceeds specific criteria of educational quality as defined by the accrediting agency.
- Institutional Accreditation: Brookline College’s Phoenix, Tucson, Tempe, and Albuquerque campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Brookline College has been approved by Arizona to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. For more information, visit: http://nc-sara.org/
- Programmatic Accreditation: Programmatic accreditation, also known as specialized or professional accreditation, is designed for specialized departments, programs, schools, or colleges within a university or institution that has already received accreditation.
The Baccalaureate degree program in nursing and Master’s degree program in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001. 202-887-06791.
The BSN pre-licensure program is currently on probation with the Arizona Board of Nursing (“AZBON”). Brookline entered a consent agreement with AZBON, which requires Brookline to submit monthly reports. The agreement can be found on the Arizona Board of Nursing’s website https://www.azbn.gov/. The BSN pre-licensure program is fully approved by the New Mexico Board of Nursing, nmbon.sks.com.
You will know what you’re going to pay right from the beginning and it won’t change during your education. That’s our promise to you.(4)(4) Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
You’ll learn from qualified instructors who are committed to your success in the classroom. With small class sizes, you’ll interact closely with your faculty as they teach, coach and mentor you through your time of study.
Understanding the options you have to pay for school is important, and without help it can be overwhelming. Our staff will guide you through the process. From scholarships and grants to loans, we’re here to help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid. Learn More
After graduation, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.(5)(5) Brookline College cannot guarantee employment
See through the eyes of a Brookline Nursing student!
Get a glimpse into our nursing student experience. See our classrooms, labs, and meet our students and faculty!