Patient Care Technician Diploma
Now shorter! We’ve merged two classes to reduce credits, contact hours, and time to completion. Finish your diploma in as few as 8 and a half months!
- Learn how to draw blood, remove sutures and staples, manage wound care, administer ECGs, properly move and transport patients and gain emergency room skills (splints, immobilizations, nasogastric tube removal).
- Hands-on learning during lab classes lets you practice your skills so you’ll be ready for your career when you graduate.
- Be prepared for the National Certified Patient Care Technician (NCPCT) exam through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
Additional training is available for no additional cost to prepare to be a Nursing Assistant.(1) The program meets all requirements for nursing assistant programs as identified by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. Graduates who successfully complete the Nursing Assistant program are eligible to take the Arizona State Board of Nursing certification examination for nursing assistants.
- Credits earned from your Patient Care Technician (PCT) program can be transferred into other degree programs offered at Brookline College.
- Complete your program in as little as 9 months.
- Patient Care Technicians entering the workforce are classified for employment purposes as Nursing Assistants.
- 930 new Nursing Assistant jobs will be added in New Mexico annually from 2016-2026.(2)
- 10% growth in New Mexico from 2016-2026 which is faster than the national average for all occupations.(2)
- The program provides training for entry level positions to effectively function in the role of a patient care technician.
- Clinics, hospitals, urgent care facilities.
- Rehabilitation facilities and home health care agencies.
Other healthcare environments.
What classes will I take?
Here are just a few classes you will take during the Patient Care Technician program:
- Phlebotomy, Electrocardiography, and Respiratory Therapy Skills
- Concepts in Healthcare
- Physical and Occupational Therapy Skills
What are typical class hours?
You will know what you’re going to pay right from the beginning and it won’t change during your education. That’s our promise to you.(3)(3) Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
You’ll learn from qualified instructors who are committed to your success in the classroom. With small class sizes, you’ll interact closely with your faculty as they teach, coach and mentor you through your time of study.
Understanding the options you have to pay for school is important, and without help it can be overwhelming. Our staff will guide you through the process. From scholarships and grants to loans, we’re here to help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid. Learn More
After graduation, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.(4)(4) Brookline College cannot guarantee employment
Family support services to eligible low-income families with children ages 0-5 and at risk pregnant women. Learn More(5) City of Phoenix Head Start Birth to Five Program
See through the eyes of a Brookline Nursing student!
Get a glimpse into our nursing student experience. See our classrooms, labs, and meet our students and faculty!