Phlebotomy Technician Diploma
Now shorter! We’ve merged two classes to reduce credits, contact hours, and time to completion. Finish your diploma in as few as 8 and a half months!
- Phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood from patients and taking the blood specimens to the laboratory to prepare for testing.
- Training at Brookline College is designed to prepare you to obtain blood specimens from patients for testing and analyzing.
- During your courses, you will be taught how to draw blood. You will have the opportunity to practice your skills in the classroom on faculty, staff and fellow students so you are prepared and confident before you begin your externship.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the program, students are qualified for entry-level positions and to take the National American Medical Technologist (AMT) exam to become a Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT).
- 740 new Phlebotomist jobs will be added in Arizona from 2014-2024.(1)
- 27% growth in Arizona from 2014-2024 which is much faster than the national average for all occupations.(1)
- Blood & plasma donation centers
- Hospitals and inpatient/outpatient clinics
- Medical laboratories as a lab assistant
- Doctor’s offices
What classes will I take?
Here are just a few classes you will take during the Phlebotomy Technician program:
- Phlebotomy Procedure
- Safety and Infection Control
- Medical Office Administration
What are typical class hours?
Breaks are scheduled after 50 minutes of instruction and last for 10 minutes.Current students at our Phoenix campus enjoy convenient access to our cafe, which offers a full menu of breakfast and lunch options 5 days a week.
Students also viewed
Here are just a few of the classes you will take during the Phlebotomy Technician Program:
Safety and Infection Control
Medical Office Administration
27.5 Credits – 646 Contact Hours – 34 Weeks
The Phlebotomy Program is designed to prepare the students to obtain blood specimens from patients for the purpose of testing and analyzing. The phlebotomy technician works in a drawing station, clinics or medical laboratory or under the direction of the laboratory supervisor. The job requires manual dexterity and additional skills in communication and clerical duties.
Brookline College prepares students in the Phlebotomy Technician diploma program to take certification and/or licensure exams related to their program of study.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Technician diploma program, graduates will contribute to the areas of:
- Explain the function and structure of the capillaries, veins and arteries, and identify the names and locations of the veins suitable for venous and capillary blood collections.
- Demonstrate safe and effective use of equipment and supplies used for blood collection and specimen transport.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of government and industry standards related to the collection of blood.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with patients related to the collection of blood.
Residential Program Requirements:
|Program Concentration – 27.5 Credits – 646 Contact Hours||Credit Hrs||Lecture Hrs||Lab Hrs||Practicum|
|Med A Foundations of Allied Health||4||41||40||0|
|PH Module C Medical Office Administration||4||41||40||0|
|PH Module D Introduction Phlebotomy||4||41||40||0|
|PH Module E Safety and Infection Control||4||41||40||0|
|PH Module F Phlebotomy Procedure||4||41||40||0|
|PH Module G Special Procedures and Point of Care Testing||4||41||40||0|
|PH Module H PH Practicum||3.5||0||0||160|
Your education is a big investment and Brookline College believes no investment offers more potential. A new career can transform your life, and we’re here to help you make that happen.
At Brookline College there are no hidden costs. Our tuition includes books, supplies and all fees.
Tuition: Please call or click Request Info to determine your cost.
Program length: 34 weeks.
- More than 88% of Brookline College students use some form of financial aid(2) to help cover the cost of their education(3). That’s why we offer personalized counseling from a Student Finance Advisor to help make your college experience more affordable.
- We have also provided The Net Price Calculator that will provide preliminary, non-binding estimates of federal, state, and institutional aid eligibility based on federal methodology.
(2) Student loans, grants and scholarships are available to those who qualify.
(3) Percentage calculated by Brookline College for the 2015-16 school year.
We want to be sure your career goals are in line with your selected program of study. Our admission process will help you understand our programs and the career expectations in the field.
Five Simple Steps:
- Visit the campus. See what Brookline and the Phlebotomy Technician program is all about.
- Complete a Visitor Information Form.
- Complete a financial aid interview to develop a financial plan.
- Complete the Enrollment Agreement with an Admissions Representative to include collecting all necessary documentation.
- Meet with the Director of Education, or an appropriate Department Director to discuss any unusual enrollment circumstances or accommodations needed to successfully complete the program.
Once all requirements have been completed, the Director of Admissions, Director of Education, and Campus Director reviews the application for approval. Applicants are notified of their acceptance promptly.
Accreditation is the recognition that an institution maintains the standards required to achieve the credentials for professional practice. It is the status granted to an institution that meets or exceeds specific criteria of educational quality as defined by the accrediting agency.
- Institutional Accreditation: Brookline College’s Phoenix, Tucson, Tempe, and Albuquerque campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Brookline College has been approved by Arizona to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. For more information, visit: http://nc-sara.org/
- Programmatic Accreditation: Programmatic accreditation, also known as specialized or professional accreditation, is designed for specialized departments, programs, schools, or colleges within a university or institution that has already received accreditation.
The Baccalaureate degree program in nursing and Master’s degree program in nursing are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001. 202-887-06791.
The BSN pre-licensure program is currently on probation with the Arizona Board of Nursing (“AZBON”). Brookline entered a consent agreement with AZBON, which requires Brookline to submit monthly reports. The agreement can be found on the Arizona Board of Nursing’s website https://www.azbn.gov/. The BSN pre-licensure program is fully approved by the New Mexico Board of Nursing, nmbon.sks.com.
Brookline College - Phoenix Campus
2445 W Dunlap Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85021
M-Th 8:00AM – 7:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
You will know what you’re going to pay right from the beginning and it won’t change during your education. That’s our promise to you.(4)(4) Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
You’ll learn from qualified instructors who are committed to your success in the classroom. With small class sizes, you’ll interact closely with your faculty as they teach, coach and mentor you through your time of study.
Understanding the options you have to pay for school is important, and without help it can be overwhelming. Our staff will guide you through the process. From scholarships and grants to loans, we’re here to help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid. Learn More
After graduation, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.(5)(5) Brookline College cannot guarantee employment
See through the eyes of a Brookline Nursing student!
Get a glimpse into our nursing student experience. See our classrooms, labs, and meet our students and faculty!