- AS Surgical Tech PDF
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills required to practice in the operating room environment.
- Students study topics that include hospital organization, safety and legal issues, anatomy and physiology, aseptic technique, surgical procedures.
- Program Features:
- Live online virtual lectures you can attend with classmates.
- Support of a live faculty member.
- All lectures are recorded for you to review later.
- Traditional classroom feel with the safety and flexibility of online.
- Additionally, our program includes an externship where you will have the opportunity to experience the Surgical Technology profession firsthand, working closely with patients, doctors, administrators and other healthcare personnel.
- Note – Courses requiring a lab, simulation and externship placement may be delayed until later in the program due to COVID-19
- 700 new Surgical Technologists jobs will be added in Arizona from 2014-2024.(1)
- 21% growth in Arizona from 2014-2024 which is much faster than the national average for all occupations.(1)
- Surgical technologists, also called operating room technicians or scrub techs are an integral part of the healthcare team, working under the supervision of a surgeon assisting in surgical operations.
- About 70 percent of Surgical Technologists work in hospitals.(2)
- Surgical Centers
What classes will I take?
Here are just a few classes you will take during the Surgical Technology program:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Introduction to Surgical Technology
- Surgical Techniques
What are typical class hours?
Students also viewed
Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Medical Office Administration – Diploma with Billing and Coding Preparation*
Patient Care Technician
Brookline College - Tempe Campus
1140 S. Priest Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281
M-Th 8:00AM – 8:00PM
F 8:00AM – 5:00PM
You will know what you’re going to pay right from the beginning and it won’t change during your education. That’s our promise to you.(3)(3) Students who are required to repeat a course to fulfill graduation requirements are subject to additional expenses.
You’ll learn from qualified instructors who are committed to your success in the classroom. With small class sizes, you’ll interact closely with your faculty as they teach, coach and mentor you through your time of study.
Understanding the options you have to pay for school is important, and without help it can be overwhelming. Our staff will guide you through the process. From scholarships and grants to loans, we’re here to help you understand how to search and apply for financial aid. Learn More
After graduation, we’ll help you with your career search with everything from resume writing help to job search support to interview tips.(4)(4) Brookline College cannot guarantee employment